Travel & Escape TV Host Audition: Vote for Me!


I love teaching. I truly, truly do. You could say it is my calling.

But how cool would it be to moonlight as a TV travel host? (Or even better, begin a second career as a TV travel host?) This is a rhetorical question, because we all know the instant answer is, "AMAZING!" I am now hoping to find out. I have sent in an audition spot to the travel channel Travel and Escape with wildly hopeful ambitions to become their newest host for the show "My Top 10".

From Pinterest (oh Pinterest - you addictive thing!)

Look, I know I'm not some young, 20-something college grad. I'm not supermodel thin or tall. My eyes are a bit too small, and my nose a bit too big. When I talk, I tend to overemphasize the 's' sound in words. (Why do I do that?  I didn't even notice until I made this audition tape - it's so weird!) I might not be the stereotypical television personality people usually tend to envision. And I'm okay with that.

I am okay with that BECAUSE: I know am funny and admittedly quirky, I love to experience new things and I'm willing to try just about anything, I have tons of energy, I'm smart and can research on the fly, and I know how to get an audience interested in stuff (after all, I teach elementary kids - that's like putting on a one-woman TV show every day, all day).

Quirky enough for TV?  Just maybe!

There are too many cookie-cutter looking TV hosts out there. Travel is about unique experiences and adventures. So hopefully the producers of "My Top 10" are looking for a unique host to match that. Hopefully I stand a chance in... well, you know.

If not, I have to admit it was still a lot of fun to make the video. I will treasure it always! Please take the time to watch it, comment, like it, and for goodness sake, share it so that Travel and Escape says, "Holy cow, look at all the views and likes! We just GOTTA hire her!"



Like I tell my students, "If you're gonna dream, dream BIG!"

4 comments:

  1. Liked, commented, and shared on facebook. I am sure some of my friends who are from Alberta will help out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you muchly! How crazy would it be to win?! I can't even imagine, really... your support means a lot to me!

      Delete
  2. Wow I liked the video, wish you the best. Good quality video and sound by the way! What camera/ sound equipment are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a JVC HD camera mounted on a tripod... that was pretty much it. No extra sound equipment. I had to talk quite loud when I was outside due to a highway being nearby, which is why I sounded a little out of breath sometimes! Oh well! My school has a green screen stage, which I borrowed, and I edited it all on an iMac desktop using iMovie. It was pretty low-tech for the most part, but fun! I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete